Welcome to my very first blog!
I am excited to be entering into this whole new world of technology! Before this Web 2.0 course, I had an account on Facebook, had used YouTube and had heard of the photosharing site Flikr but didn't know anything about RSS feeds, blogs, podcasts, nings, trailfires and the other new forms of digital literacy that we are encountering. It seems that there is so much to know and is somewhat overwhelming at first but I am learning as I go.
I think that I will find the learning to be relevant and useful to me both personally and professionally. Some questions that I am inquiring about are:
1) Would blogging be useful for teaching elementary students while considering security and ease of use?
2) How would I most effectively set up a wiki for an elementary class?
3) As a librarian, what effects should the shift toward digital literacy have on my practices?
I look forward to learning the answers to these and my many other questions. Also looking forward to blogging with you all!
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great pictures Lori. I will be wishing to be on the beach around Jan. when it is -30. You and I have similar inquiry questions - I want to try and use a wiki as well and I am wondering what the role of a TL will be in Canadian schools in the future. Congrats on completing your first blog.
ReplyDeleteIndeed, those pics are gorgeous! I like how they are all aligned nicely, I tried several times and got nowhere lol
ReplyDeleteIt's great to be learning with you and I am trying to keep my head above water with all the reading and links...which take me to other links and so on!!! Sometimes I sit at my computer for hours and when I leave to go to bed I feel like I have done very little. I even dreamed of twitter Monday night!!! All the pictures on my blog are from my trip to Thailand last summer...this summer I spent a month on Gabriola Island and then another month in Kelowna with my dad. I love B.C.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel, Cindy...I sit at my computer for 5 hours at a time and think that I should have more to show for it! Thailand is great - I was there in 2007 for a month and loved it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for a great introductory post, Lori. You will be busy this year doing lots of different jobs, but it's great that you will be in one school so you will really get to know the kids and the teachers. That will help in your TL position!
ReplyDeleteYour inquiry questions will provide you with a good framework for the rest of this assignment...questions related to access, ease of use for elementary students, and how all this will impact your practice are really important ones to consider. That final question, in particular, should be in your mind all the time as you play with each tool.
Joanne